Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Woman

She may not seem like much at first glance. A passerby might think she was shy or stand offish. A friend would know better, but a sister knows it best.

She keeps to herself mostly, sharing her radiant smile with those she trusts and loves most. She does not use words in a flippant manner, but speaks carefully, weighing each thought before actually speaking it.

She isn't the life of the party and doesn't 'entertain the crowd'. This doesn't mean she's boring. Far from it! Inside the depths of her quiet soul contains a vast knowledge of her surroundings. She sits, quietly, observing those around her. She picks up on the slightest thing, things most people wouldn't even think twice about.

Though she is quiet it doesn't mean she is passionless. No, indeed, a deep and burning passion flares brightly in her chest, but only those close to her have the honor to hear her deepest thoughts. Like a treasure trove she does not let just anyone in. Those that think they know her may be assuming wrong for there is always some other hidden gem they have yet to discover.

She continually surprises those around her with these little jewels.

So, she may sit quietly at first, observing and thinking, processing every little thing that comes her way, but once you have gained the trust of this wise soul, you will see the most beautiful thing.

A smile that warms the soul. A compassionate heart that aches, yearns, and loves more deeply than most. A wit unmatched, a quiet wisdom, a bit of sarcasm.

In the dark of night, when true hearts come forth and the sharing of sorrows and secrets commence, her wise self gently encourages and guides those who need it and are willing to listen.


So deep is the cavern of her soul, so magical this treasure of hers that one could get lost just trying to understand it all.

Who can fully understand the workings of this amazing creature. Not I, even though I be the closest thing to her. I feel as though I have barely chipped away at the smallest of diamond rocks in this vast personality.

I sit back and admire, though, wishing I could be more like her. To be as wise and as understanding, for sometimes she can understand me better than I know myself. Perhaps, just perhaps, by more observation on my side, I will come to pick up some ways on how to be more like her. She is one of my heroes. She is my sister.

Many know so little and yet think they know so much. But there is not another person I know who is so caring, so passionate, so loving, so perceptive, so tender, so amazing. Her life has touched so many in so many important ways, sometimes without them actually knowing what she has done. So quiet is she in her helping of others. Yet even complete strangers feel as if they can simply open up and tell her their tale.

Yes, she is my sister. She is an amazing woman. A mysterious woman. I am lucky to be so close that I'm able to glimpse her beautiful soul. For once you get to know a little bit of her, you find yourself wishing you could find out more and wishing you could spend more time around her. Just being around her is wonderful.


So don't pass by the woman who sits quietly, observing those around her with a glint in her eye and slight curve to her lip. The best treasure is worth searching for and taking the time to find.


A tribute to my amazing sister on her birthday. I love you so much, sis!! This little thingy doesn't really do you justice. You're an amazing person and I'm so blessed to call you sister. I honestly don't know what I would do without you by my side. Don't ever forget what an amazing and beautiful person you are. Love you!!!

*All photography credit goes to Mosey Photography



 

No comments: